Just to let you know, I'm starting my Dr. recommended diet on Monday. We move into our new house this weekend and I intend to spend Saturday night shopping alone at Winco and Costco to prepare myself for what's to come.
I spent last Friday night with my friend Jessica. She was sewing and I was meal planning. We are old college friends and it's SO nice to have good ol' trusty friends all around me! My cute little friend Jessica can't be more than 105 lbs on a fat day and even SHE said that sometimes all she can think about is food when she's stressed. It gives me comfort to know that even my tiniest of tiny friends can relate to my emotional eating problems. It's good to just get it out and vent about why food can be our best friend and our worst enemy sometimes. (BTW She is also MAJORLY fit and can kick my butt at body pump!)
I was so successful with my 6 week green smoothie program and I think the biggest factor to my success was the meal plans. I followed a strict meal plan and it made my life heaven! I've never made a meal plan and followed it with any other program and now I'll never jump into another plan unless I have a meal plan for at least 30 days.
Sadly, I've succumb to my emotional eating and have been eating for 2 grown adults each day for about a week and a half. Even though there is only one of me, the amount of food that I have been eating each day could easily feed two grown adults! Sick.
I have LOVED eating cake for lunch, ice cream for a snack, pizza for dinner, and bagels and cream cheese whenever the heck I feel like it.
True story.
Part of this was motivated by my upcoming extreme low carb diet that I must follow. Part of it was my inner and outer fat girl that was screaming for some attention and a cheeseburger. Just like the quote from Tommy Boy, "Ugh. I can actually HEAR you getting fatter." That about sums it up.
The end is in sight though and I'll have to shift gears and quit drowning my sorrows and anxiety in carbs. Why the heck are carbs so freakin good?
I have to pat myself on the back because despite the eating catastrophe goin on over here, I'm still going to the gym. every. single. day. and we ride our bikes all the time. And I'm so used to eating green smoothies for breakfast that I still drink a giant green smoothie every morning. Go me.
If anyone is interested, shoot me an email or leave me a comment because I've typed up my entire 30 day meal plan with each day's menu including breakfast, lunch, and dinner with recipes. I can email it on over to you if you're looking for a mega-veggie-protein-low carb- party.
And if you have any amazing recipes I should make before I kiss sugar, grains, and dairy goodbye for the next 6 months, send them my way! The party ain't over till Sunday at midnight!
you can do it, and I would love a copy!
ReplyDeleteEat a cheeseburger for me would ya? (As I sit here and eat chips and salsa right before bed *go me*)I would LOVE a copy too. I HATE meal planning with a passion. UGH.
ReplyDelete