Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Who wants to join a challenge?



Who wants to be strong and fit and able to climb mountains? Pick me! Pick me! I was thinking of starting a 90 day challenge for blog followers or readers. There are many ways to improve your health and fitness, and I'm not just talking about losing weight or eating 1 brownie instead of the WHOLE pan of brownies.

What if there was just ONE thing each day to focus on? Could you do that? I know I get overwhelmed with the whole process of "getting healthy" so what if there was a place that had one tip for the day, could you do it?

It takes 21 days for something to become a habit, but what about all those habits you want to break and replace with other habits? Some of those habits might be criticizing your body, eating late at night or in secret, comparing yourself with others, or looking to the media for inspiration on how to get a perfect body.

I'm still tossing this idea around, and maybe I'll even run it through the Greater Than group I get together with each month...

I have learned that a lot of things are easier to do when you have your friends cheering you on and supporting you and so what better way to have a big support group than having a 90 day goal that EVERYONE is working towards? 

I think there should be some weekend retreat or Saturday retreat where everyone who completes the 90 challenge gets to come to the big event. I have so many friends in the health and wellness business who I'm certain would be up for helping us out with things like speaking about nutrition, yoga, cooking classes, grocery store tips, etc. Doesn't that sound so fun??? A girl's day devoted to wellness? 

Please leave a comment if you are interested in participating or have any ideas. If you live out of town you could still participate and just treat yourself to a day at the spa or something if you complete the challenge.

I'm thinking some of the challenges would be simple like: 

Eat 3 servings of vegetables today

Don't eat anything fried

Walk a mile

Write down things you like about yourself

Drink all your water

Relax doing something YOU love for 15 minutes

Try a new whole grain


Tell me what you think! This could be really fun! 




7 comments:

  1. I think this is a FANTASTIC idea Stephanie! I really like the idea of eating a certain amount of veggies or fruit a day or not eating something like fried foods and too much sugar. I hope you do this! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in! When do we start??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pick me! Pick me! I'm totally in. I need this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! Anything to keep me motivated and moving forward in a healthy direction I am all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm nervous but I could use the challenge. I would be interested in trying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pick me pick me!!!!! I'm sooooo in!

    ReplyDelete