Blog Archive

Friday, July 19, 2013

I'm quitting pinterest!

Ok, so I have to admit that one time I jumped on the "paleo" bandwagon. Anything to lose weight, right?

When I jumped on the bandwagon it wasn't the most popular thing but now it's EVERYWHERE. I see people everywhere pinning stuff about Paleo, people talking about it like it's a miracle cure for everything, and I hear about it almost everywhere I go.

I gained about 6 pounds following the paleo diet for a month. It was awesome. I hated every minute of it too if the truth can be revealed here...

Now if people want to cut out grains, dairy, legumes, and processed foods, that's fine, but my big beef is that why would we want to go backwards?

Technically if you were living like a caveman, you wouldn't be turning almond meal into flour and then baking cookies with it. You wouldn't go to Whole Foods and buy your coconut oil and honey. You wouldn't go to the store and buy your free range chicken. You would be out there with a spear killing the animal yourself.

I found this recipe on pinterest, want some?

Hey don't forget the coconut oil while you're out

We should TOTALLY put coconut oil frosting on this rhino!


Philosophy of WHY eating this way is the Utopia of all ways to eat aside, it's such a contradiction! A paleo lifestyle is nothing more than a diet. It's a very restrictive diet. It's one that still involves driving to the store to purchase food just like the rest of us. There are still recipes for people to enjoy the foods of the 21st century like baked goods, desserts, muffins, and cookies- just made with other ingredients.

If you were really trying to be like a caveman, you'd go buy a fishing pole, stop using fossil fuels to run your car, stop using electricity to heat and cool your home, wash your clothes in a river, hang them to dry on the line. etc.

I'm so getting hate mail for this post. BRING IT ON.

People that get on their high-paleo-horse and beat their chests because they are eating clean and paleo crack me up...especially when they are still drooling over coconut fudge frosting, almond meal muffins, and Paleo ice cream. Does anyone else find this so ammusing? Really? Especially if they are only following the paleo lifestyle as a means to end- that end is weight loss, big muscles, and oh yeah, weight loss.

I'm done. I just can't look at pinterest anymore because all I see are pins about paleo dessert and what I'd rather see are pins about paleo steaks, chickens, eggs, and vegetables, because seriously, vegetables and protein blows if you can't finish it off with some form of carbohydrates!


No comments:

Post a Comment