Blog Archive

Sunday, April 14, 2013

I made it!

I survived. I survived the first week of the new diet. Yes, I felt headaches, depression, fatigue, and restlessness for the first few days. (Ok, some of those things are still persisting)

I'm SO SO SO glad that I had my eating all mapped out. I've almost got my month long eating plan all ready for anyone who wants it and I'll make it available in google docs soon. Having a plan saved me and kept my tastebuds from getting bored.

I managed to stay 100% until my sister's baby shower this weekend, but I didn't do too bad, just a croissant and a little sugar.

Any time I start a new diet I have a period of time when I'm overly emotional. Don't worry, I found myself laying in the giant recliner in my bathrobe sobbing giant crocodile tears for my entire lunch break. I know exactly why it happens. It's like ripping off the giant band-aid and all of a sudden all those emotions you've been stuffing down with food have nowhere to go but out.

I sat there in my new beautiful house, alone, and sobbed. It was awesome. I always go through a moment of grief when I lose my friends- candy, bread, sugar, cheese, you know, all the good ones. I also confront all the things that I've been pushing out of my mind and sometimes I just need to cry it out. Thankfully my depression lasted about 45 minutes then I was over it all and decided it was time to get dressed and face the rest of my day.

Let's see if I can make another 4 hour car ride without eating peeps and cookies with Dan!

1 comment:

  1. STEPHANIE! I just started my new diet yesterday, and I spent the whole day mourning/crying/being pissed/napping/being more pissed/dreaming of food/then being pissed again. Why oh why is it so hard for me to let go of things that are bad for me? Why can't I see how harmful these foods are and just kick them out the door for good. I felt like SHIT all day yesterday and woke up with a screaming migraine this morning, but I know from my many many "day 1's" that this too shall pass! There is an awesome book called "It Starts With Food" the diet is a bit different from the one your dr's put you on, but the info as to why food is making us fat is AMAZING! I totally TOTALLY recommend it just for the scienc-y stuff! You are such an inspiration!!
    {A}

    ReplyDelete