Blog Archive

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Body Jam Teacher update

Remember a couple posts back when I talked about the most darling Body Jam instructor who has an awesome British accent and how much I love her class? Turns out she has a sister! They team teach the class and last Tuesday kicked my butt. They are both amazing. It was so fun.

Guess WHAT. I go to church today and see the Body Jam teacher leading the choir!!! She is in my ward!! (The sister) How cool is that. I guess they both used to be in my current ward. I love it. I talked to her at church and she remembered me from class. It's so nice to already be making friends.

I lost weight 2 weeks in a row. I almost couldn't believe it myself. Usually I lose a little weight, then it comes back on after a week, then it goes away the next week. I'm down 3.5 pounds since starting my new program 3 weeks ago.

If I think too much about how far I have to go, I feel like I will NEVER. EVER. get there. I have to celebrate each step. I have to be consistent. I have to remember that 80 pounds is made up of 80 ONE pound successes. 160 HALF pound successes. It takes time but it will all add up.

I go to the gym for at least one hour a day, seven days a week. I am glad that I took a break from exercise for awhile. I needed a break from all things stressful. I'm slowly building my strength back up.  I've been working up to the hour a day thing, and I've been making progress. Yoga didn't make me cry today (big step). I lifted weights twice last week. I accepted that some pain was going to be part of the journey which gave me the courage to push a little harder.

I also ate out 5 times this week and ate popcorn at 2 different movies. My parents came to visit us in Boise and we went to a Mexican restaurant, a Chinese restaurant, and an amazing breakfast place. Dan and I enjoyed MLK day off and went to a fun restaurant downtown.  I went for a random girls night with a good friend and we went out for a late night bowl of Tortilla soup. I also met up with a friend to redeem my Chick Fil A coupon.

I made some great choices even though I was eating out more than I planned. I stuck to my eating plan when I wasn't at a restaurant. I didn't order anything fried. I only ate the things that tasted good when we went to the Chinese buffet. I ordered soup both times we went out to Mexican food. I ordered exactly what I wanted to for breakfast, but didn't add eggs or hashbrowns. I tried to stay extra active during the week and after eating out.

I kept up with my positive affirmations and reminded myself multiple times a day that I don't have to wait to be perfect before I can love myself. I love myself NOW. I love myself NOW. I love myself NOW.

Makes a huge difference. I usually beat myself up like CRAZY after eating out, but this time I enjoyed the company more than the food and didn't deprive myself at all. I don't plan to eat out at all this week and I have my meal plan all ready. I'm looking forward to my salads, green smoothies, and mostly vegetarian meals.

Happy and healthy wishes to you this week.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for all things positive for you. I wish I could be there with you to enjoy the group fitness classes, food, and your awesomeness! I miss you and hope you are loving Idaho.

    ReplyDelete