Blog Archive

Monday, February 11, 2013

Report

Are you ready for an update? Awhile back I mentioned I had signed up for a program called "Lighten Up!". It address the emotional, mental, physical, and environmental components of weight loss.

I've recently started adding strength training to my routine. I go to Body Pump 3 days a week. It's an hour long class of choreographed strength training. I love it and hate it all at the same time. It's hard. It's painful. But it is giving me some results. I also exercise for an hour 7 days a week.

I've been going through the Cost-co sized bag of spinach at least once a week. I drink a lot of green smoothies and eat mostly unprocessed, whole foods.

I incorporate daily affirmations- affirming my worthiness of losing weight, my power to do so, and to affirm that I do not need excess weight as a protection from anything or anyone.

My progress is slow and steady.  I'm down 4.5 pounds! Wahoo!

I didn't realize how much weight I gained over Christmas. It was depressing. I started the program 100% on January 8, so 4.5 pounds in a month is pretty awesome for me.

I'm looking at the next 4.5 pounds as ones that will come off just as consistently without having to do anything too crazy to get them to come off.

There is a FB group for others who are doing the same program and I intentionally chose not to participate in the FB group because this is a journey that I want to do for myself and on my own. I don't want to compare my awesome results to anyone else's. I know if I saw other people losing 10-15 pounds on the same program, I would get depressed.

Here's to another 4.5 pounds this month!


2 comments: