Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I'm home!

Best night ever! I mentioned in the last post that the gym is basically in my back yard. I love walking to the gym. I didn't say I actually love working out once I'm there mind you, just that I love walking to the gym.

I am a "group fitness" mega-fan. I tried out some Les Milles (who the heck is behind this Les Milles stuff anyway?) Body Jam something class tonight. I was so nervous. I got there and everyone was waiting outside the studio and for a few minutes I kind of felt like the kid who gets picked last in dodge ball.

I didn't have any friends, it was my first class, and I was feeling shy. Then I remembered that people are so warm and friendly here and the instructor came and said hi to me! Seriously, am I still 14? It was awesome.

The instructor was this absolutely darling and magnetic little thing with long dark curly hair and she was FUNNY. Super funny. The class was kind of a watered down hip hop/dance routine kind of class and I could tell she was one of those people who could probably win a hip hop competition, but she definitely wasn't there to show off.

She was pulling faces, making sure we didn't take ourselves too seriously (cough cough even though some people still did) and making funny jokes the whole time. She also had an accent- I want to say Australian but it could have been one of those British accents that kind of sound Australian.

Anyway. She was a great instructor. I kind of kept up in the class. I am DEFINITELY not gifted in the ways of hip hop. I think I'll go every Tuesday night. Some of the other people in class introduced themselves to me just like in all the other classes I've attended. it's so refreshing!

So far I've gone to spinning, yoga, zumba, and body jam. Someone has gone out of their way to welcome me to the class at every single class I've gone to. I may have finally found a place I'm willing to call home. It's a huge relief.

Sweet dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I"m so happy for you! I hope you start to see the fruits of your labors. Even if they just means you can love being the wonderful you!!!! Welcome to IDAHO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing people were so warm and inviting to you, because YOU ARE! You have this wonderful magnetic personality..I'm jealous of it. Happy working out. I SO wish I could go with you. It's been years...Boo.

    ReplyDelete