Hey friends, I followed through on my goal. I found the times and locations of Overeaters Anonymous meetings close to me. I also found that I can just call into a TELEPHONE meeting and sign in to an ONLINE meeting. How cool is that???
I listened to my first podcast of a meeting on Monday morning and it was so very inspiring. My counselor is absolutely right- no matter where I'm at on my journey, I need to be reminded of my weaknesses throughout the day so that my illness doesn't sneak up on me when I'm not prepared to utilize my "tools" to fight it.
I sure have a lot of work to do. I'm not necessarily struggling with a lot of binging or compulsive eating right now. My food choices have been really in line with how I WANT to eat. But I know, it's only a matter of time before I have a moment of "stress" or "frustration" that triggers that other side of myself and those habits will manifest themselves.
I know it's only a matter of time because it happens when I'm not prepared. It happens when I'm happily coasting along on my lovely eating plan and then BAM, I do something I wasn't planning on doing or eat something I wasn't planning on eating.
For this reason I'm continuing to love myself, forgive myself, and be patient with myself because I understand that these moments of "weakness" will not just go away on their own, and it's not a matter of self control or lack thereof. I just need to be honest with myself and treat my illness even when I'm not feeling the symptoms.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment