Mountain bike season is upon us and that means any and every chance I get I will be out in them there hills doing what I love.
Dan and I had an idea to buy a house for about a week and then we came to our senses and decided that was the worst plan ever. Instead, we bought me a new mountain bike and have been riding as often as possible.
It feels good to do the things I love even though they're a lot harder than they used to be. I just stay in granny gear most of the time and then fly down after the hard part is over.
I also got word from my doctor that she needed to see me to discuss the recent blood tests I had done. Usually she just tells me over the phone, but this time she had me make an appointment and wouldn't tell me anything over the phone.
I recently got tested for Cushings disease, poly-cystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance. I'm assuming by "discuss treatment options in person" that means I have something I got tested for. I am trying to decide which of the three I hope it is...
Scenario #1- Cushings...would TOTALLY Explain why I'm huge. It would also mean I'd probably take a lot of steroids for the rest of my life.
Scenario #2- would possibly explain why I haven't been able to get pregnant again and why I have a hard time losing weight. No clue what the treatments are for that but I'm guessing it involves going under the knife. Long term it could possibly mean difficulty conceiving if at all?
Scenario #3- Insulin resistance would mean eating a crap load of broccoli slaw mixed in with all my food among other ways to consume a vegetable based diet. It would also mean I would have to quit spending $.25 a day on skittles. I'd probably have to get more hardcore than weight watchers. Wouldn't be the end of the world...but it would mean a lifetime of serious discipline with regards to food. Lame.
I have my appointment on Wednesday. If you want to vote on which disease would be the best to be diagnosed with and why, that would probably make for an even more exciting announcement when I get my results.
It's the only way to not go completely insane trying to figure out why I'm so huge and getting huge-ER every few months. If I can't laugh about it then I just cry and crying gives me a headache. Wish me luck!
Do I have to vote? Can't you just have the flu or even mono? :( Well. . . ok, just to humor you. If I HAD to vote I would totally go for. . . nope. I can't do it. I choose the flu.
ReplyDeleteI vote for Insulin Resistance. Only because I just found out that I'm insulin resistant......not because I think it'd be best. Anxious to know what your doc says.
ReplyDelete