My doctor thought for certain I was insulin resistant because of my weight and a few other symptoms and once again I get the stumped look. The look that says, I'm kind of surprised your insulin is so low. This doctor has never once questioned my efforts but she was stumped today.
She was really floored to see I had gained 2 more pounds even though she had increased my thyroid medication. She said I should have lost weight simply because my thyroid was back to normal.
She has referred me to a fertility endocrinologist. She discovered that my estrogen was way high and my progesterone was way low. I do not speak any of this kind of medical stuff but she said it was not normal. She referred me to a specialist because she doesn't know what would cause this kind of imbalance.
She suspects that since my estrogen is more than double the normal levels I'm having a hard time letting go of any weight. That combined with very low progesterone is making it so I'm not ovulating and thus not getting pregnant.
She said there is hope for me and she hopes once my estrogen levels calm down I can start losing weight.
I am so glad to be peeling the layers of the onion off one at a time. I hope that the next specialist I see can put a name to what I have or at least give me some treatment options.
On a positive note, I decided to do a 30 day photo challenge to celebrate the coming of spring. I am a day late so I'm posting a picture from a different work out even though I did indeed work out yesterday :)
Cheers to spring, mountain biking, running, and health!
![]() |
| 5.2.12- Running (jogging) on a trail behind our apartment. Gorgeous view! |
![]() |
| 5.1.12- Nice 7 mile loop up to a waterfall. I'm lying it was brutal. We pushed our bikes up the last mile and were too chicken to ride them back down. |


Great news about the test results! I like the picture a day idea! It's a beautiful time of year!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yeah I can't help but get out when it's this gorgeous outside.
DeleteWe went riding yesterday...not pretty at all, but it was sure fun. I need to get out more, I was pretty cautious. :) Glad they are finally getting to the bottom of things for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Aleisha! I thought of you during my run the other day and how you did the 10K, if only we lived in the same town we could sign up for races together. Hope you are finding answers for yourself as well!
Delete