Blog Archive

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Little Lessons

My weeks have been flying by! Having this new job gives me less time to sit home and mope which is awesome.

I am still adjusting to my schedule and how to balance my new job with all the other responsibilities I have.

I did great my first week of Weight Watchers! I ate all my points and all my extra points and didn't exercise once and I still lost 3 pounds. For week two, I tried to buckle down even more so I earned 15 exercise points and only ate half of my extra points and I gained 1.5 pounds. WAHOO!!!

I haven't been too discouraged yet because at least overall I am down 1.5 pounds this week. In my experience and according to Dr. Oz, the real weight loss doesn't happen in the first 6 weeks.

Since Dr. Oz is my favorite celebrity health expert, I'm going to use his TV show to support my claim. He says that the first 6 weeks of weight loss is simply water weight and the real fat loss doesn't happen for a few weeks.

In all honesty, weight watchers has exposed all of my weaknesses and I love it. This is honestly the perfect program for me right now. I usually go for the super strict, hardcore, "no cheating allowed" type of diets (which you all know if you've followed my blog). Weight Watchers is different and it's allowing me to address my weaknesses rather than beat them into submission for as long as I can stand.

One weakness is that I like to eat sweets at night, and not just at night, but pretty much anytime.

I bought a bunch of Easter candy right before I started and I have had a really hard time moderating my intake of cadburry mini eggs. On a different "diet" I would have to eliminate them, but with weight watchers, I just have to moderate my portions which is actually harder for me.

I am not good at portion control. There I said it. I am really good at forgetting how many times I eat one jelly bean, or one piece of candy, etc. I have a long way to go, but right now I am liking the program.

I really need to work on my portion control. This will be better for me for my entire life than following a strict diet for 4 months.

I also need to figure out how to work in exercise. By the time I get home, all I want to do is hang out with Dan. I forced myself to do p90x one night and it sucked. He was in bed watching TV and eating skittles and I was out doing super man banana rolls in the living room.

I know I need to make the sacrifice so that's my other goal this week. I need to find a realistic way to exercise on top of working 40 hours a week and teaching piano lessons a few nights a week.

On a happy note, I had a very important realization while attending our LDS temple. I understand better now more than ever that this trial can teach me something. I need to learn that the Lord does not judge my body weight, it's the world that does. I know I have an obligation to take care of my body the best I can, but I was not sent here to hate myself or hate my body.

My trial goes beyond my weight. Part of this trial is to teach me that I can either believe the world's standard of beauty and be affected by every strange look or stare, I can also see myself the way the Lord sees me and work on the things that matter most to Him- how I treat others, how I live my life, and how I strive to become a better person. It's definitely something I struggle with, but I know that part of the trial of my weight is to learn to reject the world and instead see my worth as a daughter of God.

I'm working on it. As always, it's a roller coaster. I'm up and down and up and down, but I am not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment