Someone asked me last Monday how I was feeling and I said "I feel amazing!" I wouldn't know I was pregnant except for my fatigue and the fact the the pregnancy test says I am. Tuesday rolled around and BAM. I went to go on my morning walk and felt like I was going to ralph the whole time. I brushed it off and thought it would pass. It never did.
In fact it hasn't passed yet. I had no idea that you could feel like you have the flu for 7 days. The strange thing is that I never actually puke...I just think I'm going to puke all day long and have even felt it might be necessary for me to bring an empty ice cream bucket with me when I teach just in case I have to run outside and barf somewhere other than their front porch. I feel like throwing up from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed.
I always said to myself, oh when I am pregnant, I will exercise every day and eat really healthy and it will stave off excessive weight gain, morning sickness, aches and pains, and make my labor a cinch. Boy am I enjoying a big fat huge giant piece of "eating my own words."
I try to walk 3-4 times a week and I would like to do more but I feel so sick it doesn't seem possible! I would like to say I am eating leafy greens, vegetables of all colors, lean protein and fruit all day long but mostly it's the most random garbage on the planet. For the most part, food repulses me but if I don't keep snacking all day I feel even more barf-a-riffic, so I am forced into snacking all day. About once a day ONE thing sounds amazing and delicious and it's usually something very out of the ordinary. Here's a list of random food cravings this week. I gave in to some of them but will not announce which ones...
Cherry pie filling
ham fried rice
pepperoni
salsa by the gallon
mini corn dogs
ice cream
peanut sauce and noodles
refried beans
fried chicken
lemonade
frosting
glazed doughnuts
chocolate milk
I have to apologize to my unborn child because most everything on this list is classified as CRAP and I ate plenty of things on that list last week. I just really had no idea what I was in for and what morning sickness meant. I have a pretty consistent diet of popsicles, pretzles, saltines, apples and PB, toast, milk, and plain pancakes. I then supplement and "balance" out my diet with whatever random craving I have for the day except yesterday....all I wanted was a can of cherry pie filling which is just so disgusting...but oh I wanted a can of cherry pie filling more than I wanted anything in my whole life.
I am learning how to deal with the constant nausea and how to snack throughout the day so I can at least get out and teach. I am trying to sneak some vegetables into my diet because I just can't stomach plain vegetables of any variety right now. It's not that I feel like complaining, it's just that I feel like a huge jerk for thinking that pregnant people were always full of dramatics!
In addition to strange food cravings, I would like to share some of my more random dreams for the week.
Nursing my new pet kitten (I don't have a kitten in real life) might I add that the
kitten in the dream was having a hard time latching on if you know what I mean and
required a lot of coaxing to latch onto the breast
Having the doctors induce a miscarriage because I was pregnant with twins and upon
further investigation I was pregnant with siamese twins and upon even further investigation
I was pregnant with siamese twin dinosaurs and I spent a long time examining the siamese
twin dinosaurs they sucked out of me. They were also rainbow colored
I am basically afraid to fall asleep at night. I just wanted a place to write some of these things down so I won't forget them. Dan and I are SO excited to become parents and feel so blessed and happy. I have to add that Dan is so sweet to me and doesn't call me out when I'm using the "I'm pregnant" card even when I am being 100% ridiculous and dramatic. Thanks to everyone for the awesome congrats and excitement on our behalf! We are so happy and excited and even though I feel like I have the flu all day long I feel like the luckiest woman alive!
walking is about all I can handle when I am pregnant.and I can't stand eggs. welcome to the club.it gets better, and then they move that is pretty neat. it is pretty amazing to see how the genes mix. babies are pretty cool.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAH! Oh man, those dreams are hilarious! I remember having craaaazy weird dreams, too...once I nursed my little brother and was traumatized the entire next day! AAAAAH! And smells were the thing that got me the most. I could NOT handle the smell of raw chicken, hamburger or scrambled eggs. *shudder* Oh man, I am so excited for you guys, though!!!
ReplyDelete