I am feeling so much like my old self lately. I mountain biked last night for a couple hours and it almost made me want to cry. I remember mountain biking last summer and every few minutes I had to take a break because I was so tired, my head would hurt, and I felt so drained. After being on my thyroid meds for over 6 months, I can honestly say I feel like I have my old body back. Last night was the first ride of the season and I didn't want it to end and even though I was a little slower than I'd like to be, it just felt incredible to ride again.
Mountain biking used to be a pretty big passion of mine. I wasn't super hardcore or anything, but I rode a lot and would take special vacations just to go mountain biking. It's kind of slid into to the background the last few years and especially the last year when I felt so sick and tired that I could hardly stand to ride at all.
I've been doing a lot of road biking the last couple weeks and I feel incredible! I can't wait to get my mountain bike tuned up and start doing the fun stuff. The ONLY problem with these 2 hour workouts is according to my calorie burner, I am burning more calories than I even allow myself for the day. I think this is the age old question- How do you balance your nutrition when you are working out so dang hard and long?
Since most of my workouts have been while Dan is in class, I'm not at home to make myself a super balanced meal. I pack a fair amount of food in my cooler every day but sometimes I am just way more hungry than I anticipated being. Late last night we had to stop at a 7-11 to get some oil for our car, and something came over me and I did something pretty gross. I had already had dinner, and a snack mind you, and I was still in the hole a good 1000 calories. The good part of my brain said, just go home and go to bed....and the naughty part of my brain said, hey you should eat something.
I listened to the bad side of my brain and I ate my very first chili cheese dog. Yup. I got a small hot dog and took advantage of the "free chili and cheese with a hot dog? option. What the heck!!!!!!! It was like a terrible scene from a nightmare playing itself out in real life. It was one of those moments where you were saying to yourself, this is so disgusting and yet kind of good....sort of like Tostino's $.99 party pizzas.
I have had to confront this problem all week because I have been so dedicated about pushing myself to the max each workout and then by night time I feel ravenous and I'm far from home. Luckily tonight is Dan's last CNA class so I won't have to deal with the temptations of fast food and gas stations. I was telling Dan I feel so much better when I workout hard and even if it's hard to find the balance of nutrition and exercise, I prefer to be exercising hard. I missed it SO much while I was on medifast and now I feel like the sky is the limit. I think it's almost time to post some before and after pictures. I want to lose a little bit more weight before I take my 30 pound photos. Wow, that last paragraph covered way too many topics. I should go start my homework before my brain is 100% fried.
No comments:
Post a Comment