Blog Archive

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Slow and steady wins the race

I passed the 10 pound mark today! I only lost .4 pounds this week but for some reason I am not super stressed about it. I have lost 10.2 pounds in 3 weeks and that is something to be very proud of. I was reminded yesterday after talking to the weigh-in doctor at the rec center that my progress will probably always be slower than average and even on the TSFL program I am on there is a whole paragraph about people with thyroid conditions needing to know that their progress will be slower than average.

I think I attribute the halt on the weight loss to monthly cycle, working out, water retention, who knows, but I know I have been doing what I'm supposed to so at least I know I'm doing my part.

I think the only thing that has been hard for me is staying away from diet beverages. I have had to remind myself about a post a few months back when I said I believe regular soda is far better for you than diet soda and here I am, drinking diet sodas again! They have kind of been my crutch the past couple weeks. When I need something refreshing, I have some club soda with lime or some sparkling water with lime and it saves the day for me. I might have to eliminate these things completely but I sure hope not! I'm going to investigate whether these things might be interfering with my progress.

We are going to Disneyland this week and I am a little stressed about getting my lean & green meal in. We have a fridge and microwave in our room and we are actually considering cooking and freezing all my protein (chicken, fish, etc.) and then packing it in an insulated bag with ice packs to keep it frozen on the plane and then just getting to the hotel as quickly as possible to stick it in the fridge. I just can't take a vacation from this program! I'm doing so well and have made so much progress and I don't want Disneyland to throw off my momentum.

As far as vegetables, I can also pack some frozen veggies and then just go to the grocery store when we're there to get as much veggie stuff as possible and then make lettuce wraps to take to the park. I've basically given up on the idea of eating out because it is so hard to really know what you are eating. I've worked in several restaurants both in the kitchen and as a server and I KNOW those steak houses brush all the meat with garlic butter. I know you can always make special requests but I'm saving dining out for very special occasions now. It's nice on our budget too!

I am also about to pick my workout routine back up in full swing (full swing meaning 45 minutes a day now) and I really hope my body doesn't freak out and hold on to more weight!! I really want to win this biggest loser contest at the rec center and I know the key to that will be building lean muscle and getting rid of fat. You have to do some strength training for that to happen and I hope I survive! We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in CA! It's never easy to eat healthy on vacation - but you can do it. HAVE FUN!!

    ReplyDelete