I tried on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to fit into since last December...and...they fit! Tight fit, yes, but they fit and that's all that matters. I think I could wear them in public but I want them to fit even better.
I was a little discouraged over the weekend because I only lost .4 pounds but after reading the medifast community discussion board, I saw a lot of people who said they either had a hard time losing the 3rd or the 4th week and then a couple weeks later their bodies adjusted and they had a big losing week. I hope that happens to me. I didn't really do anything different this week except add some exercise. But after putting on a pair of jeans gain, and basically having to get rid of a pair of jeans that are already way too saggy in the butt wear, I'm pretty happy.
I would LOVE to see a big number in the next few weeks but I have to remind myself that this is going to take a long time for me and I can't just expect it to all fall off overnight. I have a lot to be proud of already and I'm not giving up.
I hosted another cookie decorating party and it was kind of hard to have tons of sugar cookies and frosting staring me in the face but I was strong and didn't cheat once! I don't know why, this probably sounds so ghetto, but we also fed all the kids corn dogs and waffle fries and I don't know what came over me but I wanted a dang corn dog! They smelled so good and looked so good and I just wanted to sink my teeth into that stupid Bar S corn dog, but I didn't. I stayed strong and didn't eat one. I don't even know the last time I ate a corn dog but maybe I'm just starting to feel a little left out of the food parties.
I also refrained from all the food at the super bowl party tonight which was really hard. My family makes awesome tex mex dip, salsa, potato skins, velveeta dip, chips, etc. and it all looked so yummy and part of me wanted to stuff my face but the other part of me just kind of looked at the food and said, well, yeah it's good but the company is WAY better, so again I stayed 100% which was a HUGE accomplishment for me. Eating at parties is usually a huge trap for me so to stay strong during 2 parties over the weekend was a big deal.
Is this easy 100% of the time? No way. Is it worth it so far? Absolutely. I am CRAVING all my old hiking clothes, and can't wait to be in some of those dang shorts I've been holding on to for the last 5 years. I am not quitting and soon enough all the jeans I've saved will fit again.
My sister-in law used to be the one at parties that did not eat the goodies. and she lost the weight and has kept it off for almost 8 years now. I have cut a lot of junk, and every time I eat it now I realize it is not really as good as I used to think.
ReplyDelete