Friday, February 25, 2011
Beauty Redefined and my amazing support group
For those of you who didn't know, I started a support group back in January where my friends and I just want to talk about issues related to health, fitness, obesity, eating disorders, food addiction, and most of all how to reject the media's portrayal of beauty and women's bodies. Since I pretty much just posted what I would post on this blog, please visit our support group's blog, Here. There is also another website you must all promise to visit at least once. One of the creators of this project presented at our meeting tonight and I am still in deep thought about everything I learned. It's really amazing how much we decide what is beautiful by what we see in the media. I could go on and on but it's getting late so consider this an intro to another post that will be written at a later time. In the meantime please visit the Beauty Redefined website. You won't regret it, I promise!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment