I hit the big 16 pounds down today. This is such an awesome accomplishment for me. I am also happy to discover that my home scale is about 3 pounds heavier than a real, calibrated scale which means I have 5.5 more pounds to lose until I get to have my one-derland party. I stole that phrase from the Biggest Loser this season because for those of us who have been stuck in the 200's want that big beautiful 1 as the first number as our weight, well at least I do. I haven't seen that number for about a year and a half.
I have come so far and still have so far to go but each pound I lose is one step closer to my final goal. it's not all about the pounds and the number for me. It's about gaining my health back. It's about conquering my food addiction. It's about feeling beautiful in my skin no matter what I weigh. It's about re-learning healthy habits that got thrown by the wayside. It's about being committed to myself and being accountable for my actions. This journey is about so much more than the numbers but the numbers are one measuring tool I use to measure my progress.
Dan promised back when I first started trying to lose weight in January 2010 that when I hit the 100's we would have a big party. Back then I only had 7 pounds to lose, no big deal right? Well, with my situation and undiagnosed thyroid disorder boy was I ever in for a disappointing journey. I Never thought I would see numbers that I've seen on the scale this past year. I'm finally brave enough to disclose my highest weight because I realized this week that's it's just a number. It's the same number is I say it out loud or if I keep it a secret. The number can't jump out an bite me, it's just a number. I got to 223.9. I am now 205.5, which you might say is more than 16 pounds but I started weighing on a more accurate scale for my REAL weight but I still use the other scale to track my progress. Either way you look at it, I'm down 16 pounds and am almost ready for my party.
I also decided I will buy myself a new pair of running shoes when I hit the 100's. I am doing a triathlon in April and need new running shoes so that is a very good incentive for me to keep going. I can't control how fast I lose weight, I can just be accountable and stay on my program which I have done an awesome job with. I am committed to my health now more than ever. I am committed to loving myself through every step of this journey and finding beauty in myself. This whole Beauty Redefined Project has been a big wake up call for me.
I am so excited to continue my "Greater Than" Group and continue learning from my friends and also helping them with their struggles. Women are so good for support and we all need a support group of some kind. I am grateful I have friends to be in my support group!
AWESOME! sounds like what you are doing is working! I am so happy for you! That is great! keep up the amazing work! oh and you have such a great hubby!!!
ReplyDeleteThis made me tear up a little! I'm so so so proud of you! I can't wait to have a one-derland partay!! I'll have to learn how to make a healthy dessert. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for our next Greater Than meeting, hooray! Love you!
Congrats! Triathlons pretty much ROCK! I'm so happy for you that you're doing it. Is it the Ice Breaker in American Fork? Good luck! You are amazing!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! Can I come to your party!?
ReplyDeleteYou have such a great attitude.
Thanks again for the inspiration!
Way to go! I hit the 100's today for the first time in like 6 years! yeah for your Triathlon!!! They are so much fun! Good luck!
ReplyDelete