Blog Archive

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Staying Busy = Cure for hunger

I admit that today and yesterday I felt "hungry" a lot more than usual. To keep myself busy I worked on two quilting projects. As a novice but excited quilter, I have to focus really hard and read the instructions several times and it takes a lot of precision!!! Usually my sewing projects come out a little different than the pattern because I get in a hurry, skip step or two, or get sloppy somewhere during the project and just finish it with my own little "flair." Quilting is a totally different animal! I realized today that being home in my house triggers something inside me that says "EAT!!!" Probably an old habit that will die a slow, agonizing death.

 I was home a lot today and yesterday since it's the weekend and Dan's idea of a fabulous dream weekend is staying home in PJ's. That might one of the few major differences between us but I love him and support him but I start to feel totally cooped up in the house if I'm here too long. It might be the SIZE of our house, we live in a pretty small little duplex. Anyway, I noticed that the more I was home the more I had a tendency to want to munch and snack. Not good. I stuck to my program 100% but realized that if I'm going to be successful I need to have projects to work on (Quilting) and try to stay busy and out of the house as much as possible. Cooking and recipe collecting can't be my favorite hobby anymore but I am excited to about my new quilting hobby!

In other news, I am dreaming about the day I will break out my boxes of clothes I've been hanging on to for YEARS, knowing that one day I would fit into them again. I have a few goal pants that fit me when  I got married and my goal is to fit into them by the month of March. I don't care if it's the first day or the last day in March, I just want to be wearing those pants again!!!!

My long term goal is to wear my favorite Marmot red hiking shorts that I gave to my little sis (hmmm...better make sure she still has them!!!) Along with my favorite pair of gap jeans that are those jeans that you almost worship. (better make sure she has those too....) I want to wear those Marmot red shorts when I backpack the Teton Crest trail in July or August. I also want to wear this old down vest and coat I've saved for about 5 years. It will take a huge amount of commitment but if this program keeps going the way it has so far, I know I'll get there. I've posted pictures of me in some of these old favorites.

Oh Red Marmot pants I special ordered....how I miss you!


How I love this vest! It's still in my closet calling my name

Purple down coat and red hiking shorts. They will be mine again, oh yes, they will be mine

These are jeans that fit right before I got married. 1st Goal!

2 comments:

  1. Gap jeans are totally worth worshipping. I got my first pair a few months back when I finally had to reluctantly admit that all my jeans were too small. I almost didn't even feel bad about having to go up a size thanks to amazing Gap jeans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! You can do it! I have found that reading is my best hobby...keeps my mind busy and my hands have to hold a book. :) Good Luck! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete