Blog Archive

Friday, December 31, 2010

The truth hurts, vegetables, how do I turn you into snacks?

So I have been well aware of something about my diet. I am NOT consuming very many vegetables. I would even admit that there are days where I don't even eat 1 serving of vegetables of any kind. I know this is a deficiency in my diet and that my body wants and needs all kinds of vegetables. I could make a hundred excuses but I won't. My new year's resolution is to actually start with one goal a week, maybe even a month. This month will be dedicated to eating at least one serving of vegetables everyday. Easy enough, right? Yeah right. I find I tire of carrot sticks and celery sticks and have almost zero motivation to turn vegetables into "on-the-go" snacks so if any of you are genius, please please please share some delicious vegetable snacks. I'm not talking carrot and celery and laughing cow cheese wedges, I got that covered, but unique, tasty, stuff I could eat as a snack or in between lessons. In case you're wondering, I'm NOT watching the ball drop tonight. I can actually barely keep my eyes open. Dan has been sawing logs for the past hour and I'm barely coherent myself. I did want to make a commitment to myself to eat veggies each day for the month of January and adding lettuce to a sandwich doesn't count and eating corn and peas doesn't count either.

One quick note, I found a website that I think is delicious and could suck me in for hours, so if you want something to do besides watch Jersey Shore, check this website about Whole Living out!

I do have to pat myself on the back though- I ate 2 pieces of pizza, 1 breadstick, and 10 peanut m&m's at the party tonight. Not bad for a new year's eve pizza party! I killed it at spinning and lifted weights after and this is how I know my metabolism is totally jacked by Hashimoto's- I barely had an appetite all day and never even felt my stomach growl. Sometimes I tell Dan that I can honestly feel my body is just paused, not burning anything, it is so weird. I really wish more than anything that things would pick up. It's really getting old to be doing the kind of exercise I do and consuming the amount of calories I do and still see a little bit of weight gain each month. Lots of progress in the emotional eating department though and even more progress in deconstructing my perception of diets and "good" and "bad" foods. No more diets ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment