Ok, I have to brag. I got the idea to mix a bunch of hot cereals and wheat germ and wheat bran and other interesting grain looking things in the winco buckets and mix it all together. I've been eating this breakfast pudding (which is really hot cereal) for a week now and am in love. I top it with plain yogurt and then grind some flax seeds to mix in. Sometimes I make a blueberry smoothie and sometimes I mix the blueberries in my cereal. SO satisfying!! Dinner tonight was pretty bomb. Dan really wanted velveeta shells and cheese. I must admit I had never in my life purchased such poison until I married my sweet Dan who loves kid food. Well he wanted that with a massive amount of white dinner rolls ( something else I had never purchased until marriage) I decided to make my own version of mac and cheese. I boiled some whole wheat macaroni, and started chopping some of the veggies I could find in my fridge. I had some cabbage, onions, carrots, and spinach and thought they might add some crunch to my mac and cheese. To my disappointment, we were out of shredded mozzarella and only had a frozen block in the freezer, so I melted a teaspoon of butter and added a laughing cow cheese wedge and some parmesan cheese. I then added some milk and a little bit of Dan's cheese sauce and voila, incredible and filling mac and cheese. I couldn't even eat it all.
Here's the problem. My meals are getting pretty dang healthy but my snacks are still lousy after dark. Oh well. One thing at a time. The best part of my day though is how incredibly sore my whole body is from yoga. MMMM... loving being sore from yoga.
No comments:
Post a Comment