Blog Archive

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's and grandmother's and aunt's house we go

I love Sundays because it is filled with family. This post will be short because I am determined to be in bed by 10:30. I've been staying up late the last couple weeks and it must stop! I really wish I would have had time to scan in the homework assignments about determining what kind of eater you are and learning to be honest with yourself about food but alas today was filled with other activities so it must wait. I was reminded today that I am sort of an opportunistic eater- If someone offers me food, I accept it, even if I'm not hungry. I accepted a half a pumpkin doughnut, a slice of wheat bread, a cinnamon roll, and pudding that I really didn't even want but someone offers me food and I say yes! Thank you! But honestly I could not resist the doughnut and pumpkin doughnut because my sweet old grandpa brought a cookie sheet with plates, forks, butter, jam in a little glass serving dish, and little juice glasses filled with juice, all in the name of serving us a slice of his newly found delicious 8 grain bread. I love my grandparents and they are the reason I think I have to put on a full spread if someone knocks on my door. He served us up and we really couldn't refuse and you know what? It's ok. What a fun memory- Grandpa Bob serving Dan and I in their formal living room- serving us on the piano bench none the less!! So precious.

Today I am grateful for God. I am grateful for religion. I am grateful for prayer. I am grateful for the ability to feel the Lord's love and His mercy. I was reminded very clearly that the Lord is the one who blessed me with the talents of music and He was the one who lead me to this particular school and program and provided a miraculous way for me to get here and of course He will help me get through this recital and this semester! We're at the very end and how foolish I have been to think I would be abandoned in my last hour of need. The same is true for learning to love this body of mine and learn how to listen closely to its needs. It will tell me when it is hungry, when it is full, and what it would like to eat, I just need to figure out how it speaks to me, and then be willing to listen and obey. The Lord gave me this body and He will help me nourish it back to health. I'm sure he didn't have a lunch of butterfinger candy bars in mind for this nourishment...but they're almost gone and to be honest I've overdosed on Halloween candy and am almost ready to throw the rest away! Well 10 minutes to hop in bed. good night to all and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment