Remember in July when I started seeing a doctor who does Bio-Meridian testing? And then I started selling my organs to afford all the supplements? And I started cutting out diary, eggs, chicken, and other normal foods for awhile and it was kind of one giant leap of faith?
For awhile my progress was night and day noticeable. I couldn't believe how crappy I had felt for so long because I was finally starting to feel better. After a few months I got frustrated eating that many vegetables and shakes and kind of gave up on the diet, but I continued taking the supplements. I didn't notice as big of a difference after a few months, but knew I still had internal issues that needed to be fixed.
For the last 6 weeks I've been back to eating ALMOST how my Dr. told me I should eat, with a little bit more flexibility. I've continued her protocol of supplements but added in the exercise.
I just got my blood tests back and she said I no longer have PCOS!!!!!!!! She said that all the rest of my hormones look amazing and I look like a different person! Vitamin D and DHA are still a little low which explains my tiredness, but that is an easy fix.
My thyroid looks great, my progesterone is still a little off, but it's so much better than it was. Most of the xeno-estrogen toxicity is gone. They'll know soon if I'm ovulating on my own again too.
All I can say is that I am SO happy I took a chance and put a chunk of change on my Flex Spending Account card to pay for all the supplements. They have changed my life. It's been a sacrifice for us financially and some months I think we spent more on supplements than we did on food, but here I am 6 months later feeling and living like a new person.
I'm stepping it up a little at the gym and trying not to eat all my Valentine's chocolates in one sitting. Adding a little more weight during body pump, riding my bike when possible, trying to do a little cardio after body pump, and just always maintaining the feeling of "THIS IS HARD!!!" during all my workouts.
I've readjusted my expectations for my progress as I know it will still be slow and steady. I'm hoping to continue .5-1lb a week and know that some weeks my accomplishment may not be pounds lost, but it will be consistency- the accomplishment of getting out of bed every morning to work out- the accomplishment of turning down a pizza party, the accomplishment of loving myself and being kind to myself.
I was talking with a body pump instructor on Monday and told her that I've noticed since adding strength training that I'm feeling more toned but the pounds started going back up, then down a little, kind of jumping around more. She was the one that said that consistency is key and some months my accomplishment might just be the fact that I went to body pump 3 days a week or that I added an extra push up and that it might not always show up on the scale.
She is totally right! Right now I'm just so happy to think that the hormone issues are being resolved NATURALLY and my body is being HEALED, and I'm not just taking some pill to treat a symptom. Can't wait to see where I'm at in another 6 months.
So proud of you! A little Idaho air didn't hurt either! Call me when you get a chance...can you come talk to my YW March 13th at 7pm?
ReplyDeleteThat is SOOOO awesome Steph! I can't tell you how excited I am for you! You are an inspiration! :) I love ya.
ReplyDeleteYOU CAN DO HARD THINGS! You are proving that to yourself every day and continuing to inspire us every day! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI haven't read this blog in forever and this morning I was like "where the heck is Steph?!" I'm so glad to hear things are going well. You sound so emotionally healthy!! :-) and physically too!! This week I learned how to rx bioidentical hormones and dug a little deeper into DHEA and reverse T3 and testosterone and all that stuff- so I'm really excited.
ReplyDeleteI think it cut me off because my comments were too long but I also wanted to say that I've started a personal training thing and thought my body would change over night but my progress has been super slow too. It is a lot about mentally rewarding yourself for just getting healthier :-) and that's a hard thing to do somedays. Love you tons! cc
ReplyDelete