Blog Archive

Monday, January 16, 2012

18 days strong

I have been eating Paleo now for 18 days and can honestly say I think I have found something that works with my body. I never feel sick and bloated after I eat. I don't have any cravings for breads or cereals or treats. It has been an adjustment for sure, but each day I feel more and more detached from my usual comfort foods.

I am still not going to weigh myself for awhile because I actually don't think I've lost any weight (SURPRISE!) But I just feel so much better that I don't want to ruin my excitement with disappointment about not losing any weight.

I have a pretty cool online support group that I go to for paleo questions and someone said that eating fruit and or dried fruit every day could inhibit or slow down weight loss so I think my next goal is to start tracking my food intake so I can see what percentage of my diet is protein, fat, carbs, and sugar so I can fine tune those areas. I think if I can fine tune this way of eating I will feel even better and be able to lose weight eventually. I am not giving up my berry smoothies. EVER, but I might cut back on some other things here and there when I feel up to it.

Today unfortunately my diet will consist of water and maybe some gatorade because I caught something NASTY either from food or a strain of the flu. Nothing is worse than the kind of sickness that ultimately ends in the application of Desitin and baby powder. Nuff said.

1 comment:

  1. Ever since Justin had to restrict his carbs, I have been eating that way too (at home at least - I do whatever I want at work!). I love smoothies too. We just started doing green smoothies though and I think I am in love. Tastes like delicious berries but with all the spinach goodness...it's a perfect compromise!

    ReplyDelete