I follow a few food blogs and all I can say is that I won't be visiting them for the next 88.5 days. I am almost 1.5 days through my 90 day Paleo challenge and food blogs are evil.
How rude is it of them to post red velvet cake roll ups, chocolate chip cookies, streussel pancakes, cinnamon rolls, and other things that are gooey when I am over here cutting out grains and sugar. NO respect for people on diets.
Ok, I can't really talk because I have a little food blog that has some of these same things.
So far so good. I have a headache today but I think that's normal considering I'm probably going through a massive detox of sugar, salt, carbs, and fat.
On a VERY VERY VERY happy note, we found out yesterday that we might have some other health insurance options and might even qualify for medicaid if I get pregnant in the next 6 months. This means that I might not have to quit teaching after all. Trying to stay calm and have faith has not been easy lately.
It looks like I'm back to craft blogs because I just CANNOT even look at pictures of red velvet cake anything today. Seriously, when did red velvet cake become the new thing? That has been one of my favorite things to eat for like 5 years and now all I see is red velvet cake everything. I bet someone has even invented red velvet cake pizza....mmmm....
On that note, let me go enjoy some fresh spinach and lean protein with minimal salt.
Red velvet cake pizza? Nice. Yes, weird how it is super trendy. I've loved it for a long time.
ReplyDeleteSo Justin has been diagnosed with insulin resistance and has to be on a low carb diet for, like, ever. So we're transitioning. For Christmas I found a really good recipe for a low carb (6 g per serving I believe) chocolate torte. It is SO GOOD! Family members who were leary of trying a "sugar-free" dessert asked for seconds. It's a winner. Let me know if you want the recipe. And if you find any other great recipes, please share. I need to convert my entire recipe repertoire to low carb. I need new recipes.