Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Running by the polygamous compound

If you didn't know, I live by a giant polygamous compound. I am fascinated by it! There are several homes with polygamous families on the trails that I have been running on. Dan and I discovered the giant compound when we first moved here and when we see them driving or walking around it's like seeing big foot for us. Such a mysterious group of people!

I got tired of running on the busy road every morning so I have been running along the Jordan River Parkway trails that can be accessed from my house by running in front of the polygamous compound. I still run for 30 minutes which I figure is roughly 2 miles or so. I also run to the gas station on the back roads that also pass along a row of polygamous houses. It is such an adventure.

Yesterday was FREEZING cold so I admit, I didn't go. It was raining and cold and I had so many things to do so I gave myself my first day off in 10 days. (Yes I run on the sabbath.) Today was also freezing and since it's a day Dan joins me, we did a super intense weight training video instead. Once I grow some bigger ovaries I will brave the cold again because I was just starting to get good!!!

I've been complimenting my running days with yoga, pilates, and some weight training when I have time. I have loved doing this for myself. I love the energy I get. I love the mood lift from running. My clothes are just barely starting to fit a little better and that is always encouraging.

I am not counting my calories. I have found that the more I develop some trust with myself, the food becomes less of issue for me. I've already dropped 5 pounds since working on the exercise and healthy eating thing. This is huge for me. I still have a long ways to go, but I am so happy and hope that I will continue to lose more. My weight has seriously fluctuated up or down 10 pounds since having a miscarriage and I finally feel like it's starting to stabilize. I hid my scale and get on once a week just like I did when I was at weight watchers. I HAVE to learn to trust myself with food and not be so obsessed with the number on the scale.

I think once I can learn to listen to my body and trust myself with food and not going overboard when I'm emotional is the only way I personally will ever be successful. I have had results with following strict programs and following strict diets, but right not that's not what I need. In many ways I feel like I'm trying to rebuild my entire self and part of rebuilding my self-esteem is building confidence in myself with my eating habits.

Dan usually remembers to take my picture right before or right after I go for a jog and he always asks for an "action" shot....I feel silly doing "action" shots but here are a few pics to document this process!

Day 1. Ready or not, here I come. I am supposed to look serious about fitness here.



Don't be jealous of my huge hair-mushroom look.

Post jog, not on 01/01/2007, but on 10/30/2011


post polygamous jog on 10/31/2011


If that's not a game face, I don't know what is

1 comment: