Blog Archive

Monday, August 1, 2011

One month is up, I'm back in the game

So after taking about a month off from this blogging thing I have some things I would like to report back on.

1. I don't know how much I weigh today and the world didn't end...and my clothes still fit...and I am not afraid that I will wake up and be 15 pounds heavier.

2. I will let my true results be determined by my monthly body composition test rather than getting on my own scale that DOESN'T reflect my change in body composition.

3. I bought some new summer clothes that fit the body I have now so I don't have to torture myself with all my old clothes that don't fit anymore.

4. I am loving my new workout and eating plan that I will write about soon, as soon as I have time (This is my finals week and I'm a little overwhelmed with stuff I HAVE to do)

5. I have decided that thyroid medication doesn't magically make your metabolism start working again the way it USED to work and the weight won't just start falling off like I had hoped it would, and that there are other things I am working on that are good for my health in other ways than making me lose massive amounts of weight.

6. Do I like the size I'm at today? No. Am I learning to live with it? Yes. Do I like how much I weigh? That's a big H*E*C*K no but am I learning to not brutally punish myself about it? Yes.

Those are my thoughts about it today. I am not giving up. I'll keep everyone posted if I find the secret cure to thyroid-related weight gain/weight loss!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Back! I'm glad you are not worrying every second about your weight, but listening more to how your body feels. Good luck on finals! Hope I can see you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete