Alright, alright, this is a 100% ridiculous pitty post that I'm entitled to have every once in awhile. I know I just posted about my joy of losing 6.5 pounds of body fat and gaining a few pounds of muscle which explains why the scale is stuck but today I am going to whine about it and then move on, so here it goes.
I'm just so tired of seeing that stupid 2 as the first number on the scale! Seriously. I keep trying to tell myself, oh, it's just because [insert random explanation like, it's my time of the month, I ate too much salt, I'm gaining muscle, I had a cookie, I ate a french fry, I went to a party]
Well there's one of a handful of things going on. I'm going to list them out and then think about what might be going on.
1. I am only being 90% on my eating plan. It seems like once a week or so I either pig out at a family party, a dinner, a date, or a "lunch date" with friends. (all dates, lunch or husband-y ones are of the devil because you ALWAYS eat too much. Ok, maybe not YOU, but I do. ) Maybe this once a week date-eating thing is getting in my way.
2. My body is recovering from being on medifast for 5 months and needs some time to get that metabolism going again and get used to eating 1200 calories instead of 800-100.
3. I'm eating too much? Seriously, this really might be the case. I know it sounds psycho but maybe 1200 calories is too much for little Hashimoto's lady. It's so hard to exercise intensely AND keep your calories low. I try to consume no more than 1300 when I exercise. If I am feeling ravenous I'll have some extra protein, and so sometimes I'm over 1300 calories but I keep track of every single thing I eat.
SO....I'm not quick to blame outside factors when it comes to my weight. I am my own captain and believe that there are lots of things that affect your weight but ultimately you have to learn to juggle all those things until you figure out what YOU have to do for YOUR own body. There is not a bandaid solution. It's different for everyone.
I just want my old clothes to fit. I tried on a pair of short that fit 2 summers ago when I met Dan and I could hardly zip them up and let's not even talk about the muffin top comin out the top! It's just so depressing sometimes to feel so huge and so far from your goal. I am pretty positive about it 94% of the time so consider this the 6% of the time I'm just frustrated. I just want to be back in my size 12 shorts, is that too much to ask??????
I'm going to continue doing what I'm doing which is:
- Track ALL my calories
- Eat 200 calorie meals every 2-3 hours
- Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day
- Do high intensity intervals 3-4 days a week
- keep my calories within 1300, always aiming for 1200
- I'm going to add a long walk on Sundays and I'm going to see what happens if I skip out on any date food this next week.
Hang in there Steph. i think you are awesome, but its certainly okay to have "pity" days every so often. You are amazing! (And our next lunch date can be a brown bag lunch at the park!)
ReplyDelete