Tonight I was thinking about something that is totally ridiculous. When I first moved to Utah I lived with the most hilarious girl I have ever met. Melissa Humble and I met at ISU and ended up being roommates together in SLC. I love Melissa. If I could have a roommate and be married it would be her. Melissa is the kind of girl that makes you laugh non-stop but the kind of friend that you can pour your heart and soul out and always wants to hear every single detail of the latest interaction you just had with the boy you have a crush on. Well things weren't all peachy when we lived together. We had a 3rd roommate who will remain un-named but man she had us fooled. In retrospect I think this 3rd roommate is a well-meaning person who just lives in her own little world. At first we tried to connect with her but after awhile it became clear that this roommate was so far in her own little world that it was better to just lock ourselves in our little bedroom and keep to ourselves. I will mention right now that this roommate got a gun for her birthday and showed it to us...and also had us convinced she was attending school at the U when in reality she wasn't enrolled at school (boy that was fun, calling the registrars office to find out if they had a listing for our roommate)...and also that she had cancer....and lots of other things that made us a little scared to be at home.
Nice intro eh? Well you never know who reads these blogs, so I've probably already said enough that might come back to haunt me if she ever found this blog, but oh well. Melissa and I got in the habit of leaving the house as much as possible. We lived pretty close to Sconecutter and started frequenting the sconecutter. We also lived in an apartment that smelled like smoke because the previous tenants were smokers. There were also ducks that lived at the complex and that was probably the best part, oh yeah, and a pond with big fish. It was very scenic. Melissa and I were always trying to stay out of our house and that is when our relationship with Sconecutter developed. We would always go late at night and order a Monster spicy curly fry, (ok, usually one for each of us with extra fry sauce) two monster diet cokes because you know, we were watching our calories, and then often an oreo or oreo mint frozen yogurt milkshake. Somehow ordering the milkshake with frozen yogurt and a diet coke made this whole situation better and much less naughty. We did this so much that we developed a friendship with the late night manager. He was obese, covered in tatoos, and had a killer sense of humor. We got to a point in this relationship where we could drive up to the drive through, honk our horn or just simply say, "Hey, we're here!" and he would instantly know who were were, ask us if we wanted the usual, and then have a lengthy banter with us over the speaker system. I looked forward to these sconecutter runs with glee. The best part about this guy is that ever time we would drive up, he'd hassle me about this being my last time before I started my diet and then give me crap that I was supposed to start my diet this week. This sconecutter employ made my very depressing life a happy one late at night. I feel like if I saw Mr. Sconecutter today he would still remember me and I would hug him and tell him I didn't have to introduce to him to the date of the month anymore because I finally found my husband (we would also banter about dating)
What does this have to do with healthy eating? Nothing, well, not much. I just saw a sconecutter tonight on the way home from the opera and couldn't help but go back in time and enjoy a monster curly fry in my mind. I was so close to pulling in to get a monster diet coke but I just couldn't do it. Caffeine makes me stay up all night as it is. I think I have come a long long way. I don't even know the last time I had a french fry. Heck, at this point, it's been three days since I've had more than 80g of carbohydrates all day let a lone a fried potato. Food just can't be my best friend or my escape anymore and as much as I wish I didn't have to work on severing this close relationship, I have to. This medifast program has been really great for the snacking habit and just taking my focus off of food. I can't wait to see what I weight on Friday. Who is this girl typing? Excited to WEIGH? Yeah, I'm that lady. Bless the inventors of medifast.
No comments:
Post a Comment