Today is my first day on Medifast. I would like to be brutally honest for a moment.
1. The shakes are delicious and do NOT taste like a protein shake (which is good because I can't stand the taste of protein shakes)
2. I have gas
3. A big salad with sundried tomato vinegarette never tasted so good in all my life
4. I really think I can do this
5. I have had a little tiny headache today but nothing I can't deal with
6. I had zero cravings until reading some food blogs then I had to stop reading before I stormed the kitchen looking for some peanut butter eat in large quantities (PB recipe looked so gooooood)
On to other things. I went to a special doctor today who does a special allergy testing thing. I've seen chiropractors before who do kinesiology and so I wasn't at all confused by the muscle testing thing. This type of medicine is way off the beaten path but I've always loved alternative medicine and can't wait to learn more about it. I learned today that my body has a sensitivity/allergy to sugar, gluten, grains, dairy, oils, and some other allergies that I don't care about (animals...trees...) But the cool thing is that this doctor can clear all these allergies! I saw him clear my sister of her nut and banana allergy and I believe this man can help me. He informed me that my body is unable to metabolize these foods and therefore probably the culprit behind my inability to lose weight. I can buy that, especially since I also had a consultation with a trusted dietician friend who recommended I consider my gut health as also being part of the problem. She looked at my symptoms and weight history and concluded that I am not able to digest things properly and therefore unable to lose weight in addition to storing all kinds of things in my gut. YUMMY. I was really excited to know for certain that I have gluten and grain sensitivities because after lots of research and talks with people I was starting to suspect something along those lines.
He cleared my sugar allergy today and said it should really help with my sugar cravings. This is really exciting news! He also told me that Medifast is the perfect eating plan for me right now until he deals with my other food allergies. In more exciting news, he tested my thyroid and discovered that my body is not able to assimilate the hormones correctly and even though my thyroid levels appear normal now, my T3 and T4 levels aren't being used properly which means even more evidence to support my gut feeling- SOMETHING IS STILL NOT RIGHT WITH MY THYROID SITUATION!!! He told me he can clear these things as well in addition to a few other minor issues inside my digestive system. This is such exciting news. I knew I would start getting to the bottom of my health problems sooner or later and I think this is a huge step in the right direction. This is all I have to say tonight but will probably be more motivated to write a little more about my experience tomorrow.
How does he clear these?
ReplyDelete