Blog Archive

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wanna join my club?

My friend Rachel Duff and I are starting a club. We don't have an official name picked out but it's basically a club for fat, skinny, medium, "normal" ladies who are tired of hating their bodies, killing themselves for an unrealistic body, and giving in to the notion that fat is inferior. Sure, obesity and being overweight will generally if not definitely cause health problems. I do not promote giving up, but I do promote fighting this battle with a little bit more love and compassion. I think having a support system of women who all struggle with body image, health, obesity, eating disorders, compulsive eating, etc will be a great place for us to talk about these feelings and relate to one another. Our first meeting is next Saturday and we can't wait! I kind of stole this idea from the show, "Ruby," and think it will be a great way for me to stay in touch with my friends while continuing to work on my health. If any of you are in the SLC/Provo area and to join let me know.

I killed it at the gym today. I ran a mile and lifted some weights before Zumba and it felt awesome. The best compliment I got was from a lady in the Zumba class who told me, "Girl you can really shake it!" Thanks lady! I love Zumba, I just let loose and sweat like a pig. The best part was the older gentleman who came in to class early thinking it was pilates. I have so much respect for this guy, he was just all over the place shaking his thang and his shoes were squeaking on the floor like he was playing basketball, it was awesome! This story didn't make Dan want to join me at Zumba. EVER.

I also have to pat myself on the back because there has been a plate of sugar cookies on our kitchen table all day and I only had 1 today and honestly didn't want anymore so I didn't eat any! I also incorporated 2 vegetables into my lunch. Twice now I have cut up half a head of cabbage and chopped it up real nice and cooked it with my ground turkey. I think that will be my healthy tip for the day- Cut up a green pepper and a half a head of cabbage and mix it in with your ground turkey or beef. It was awesome. I actually didn't even taste the cabbage but I knew it was in there. I don't know if cabbage is on the list of Oprah's super foods but I know it's a vegetable and vegetables are good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment