Sunday, December 5, 2010
CRAVINGS for health
All I have to say tonight is that I am craving health. I am craving the energy of someone who exercises daily. I am craving to be the lady who eats vegetables 4-5 times a day and snacks on nuts and berries. I find myself thinking of the true health value of a food rather than just calories. My last endocrinologist check up was good and bad- good because she said that my blood work is beautiful and I have no signs of insulin resistance (which runs in my family) and my insulin and blood sugar is perfect. I made a commitment to myself when my dad was diagnosed with insulin resistance 10 years ago that I would never ever allow my lifestyle give me this disease. You can't just develop insulin resistance without having the genetics to do so and I definitely have the genetics in me to develop insulin resistance. It was actually when I learned that my dad is insulin resistant that I made a turning point in my own life, it's what helped me lose my first 35 pounds when I started losing weight. Having an endocrinologist tell me that my insulin and blood sugar is perfect was awesome. She told me my blood pressure is excellent and that my blood work shows I'm a very healthy person, the only thing putting me in an unhealthy category is my weight. That is the bad part. She told me my Hashimoto antibody numbers were 184 and normal is .25!!! She explained that this condition definitely affects weight and that I should be able to start losing weight pretty soon. She increased my thyroid medication and gave me some metformin even though I don't have insulin issues, she said it can help some people start losing weight. I think having a few questions answered gives me a little more motivation to keep trying and stick with it. I kind of gave up there for awhile- feeling like nothing I do will make me lose weight so why even try? Well I'm trying and I'm not giving up. Who knows what I'll have to do to make peace with my body and with food but I'm not giving up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment