Blog Archive

Monday, October 25, 2010

Um...I guess I forgot something yesterday?

Well it looks like I spent all this time changing the layout of my blog and never posted anything new except for a link to my food journal and a recipe yesterday!! Oops..Oh well this is bound to happen. I am revisiting all the assignments Dan's mom gets at this "making peace with food" class (that's not the title, that's just what I call it) I am going to try to figure out how to post them as a link you can download. If any of you know how to do this help!!

I really really really want to work on positive thinking and loving this journey. I have come really far this year through different things I've worked on but of course there is always room for improvement. After a tough weekend with a pizza buffet I wanted yesterday to be a chance to let that go and start trusting myself again- trusting myself that days like that aren't typical and that I can have days like that and it's OK. I have such catastrophic thinking sometimes. It seems like I have one bad day and suddenly I'm to a point of no return. That's a lie. I think learning to celebrate in a healthy way with food is ok...I just don't trust myself to celebrate once in awhile, heck, I like to celebrate all the time! This is another thing I'd like to work on. Sometimes I use food as a reward a little too often. Dan and I were joking that we celebrated my birthday for 7 days- each of us used my birthday as an excuse to eat out and eat treats- it was funny but today is not my birthday and I don't need to celebrate that it WAS my birthday, or that my birthday is coming in another year. The celebration today is about feeling stronger in my spinning class. I'm celebrating the fact that even though I had a week of celebrating, eating out, yummy desserts, I only gained 1/10 of a pound!!! This is monumental for me. My body has been known to gain 6 pounds over a weekend. This thyroid thing has made my weight fluctuate more than ever but I'm starting to think the exercise and medication is at least helping things stabilize. I'm even starting to think I might be able to LOSE weight now! I have so much to celebrate about in my life. I am celebrating that I can barely fit all my piano students into a 90 minute recital and I have 12 more that aren't even playing. This is definitely something to celebrate, especially when all we hear about is how bad the economy is. I am grateful I am married to my best friend and that we are thriving and moving forward in life with our careers, education, and life goals. The beautiful thing is that I can celebrate all these things without overeating. I can reward myself in healthy, positive ways that won't make me feel guilty or sick to my stomach. Well let's hope that my voice lesson todays gives me some more reasons to celebrate...you never know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment