Today Dan found me "kow tow-ing" (his words) with my head in the closet. I know you're all thinking...what the heck? Well let me start out by telling everyone I am NOT pregnant, so no jumping to conclusions. After breakfast I was trying to straighten the house so I could relax and have a good practice session. Dan was helping and when I got to the living room I kind of freaked out because I've been wanting some hooks to hang stuff up and we just haven't got them up. Well I pulled a crazy lady and started getting all worked up about not having a hook to hang my purse on and so it ends up in a different place each day and that's the whole reason I forgot my wallet earlier this week. I am just beating myself up about not being an organized person and not having a place for everything and then I tried to put our dirty clothes hamper in the closet and it wouldn't fit because there were shoes in the way and our fans are on the other side of the closet and I lost it. Dan was in the other room and apparently couldn't hear me moving around anymore and came in to find me "kow towing" (in a child's pose) in the closet. I was simply trying to gain my composure because I was keenly aware of my irrational and ridiculous behavior. He asked me what was wrong and in a flood of tears I said I can't fit the hamper in the closet!
My poor husband. My poor poor poor patient husband. I'm sure he wonders who the woman he married turned in to this week. He just got on the floor next to me and made me feel better and helped me get things organized and all in place. He then looked at me and said Steph, either there's a baby in you or you are going to start a period. This is way TMI but I am 10 days late so naturally we're a little freaked out. I've already failed 4 pregnancy tests so we were beginning to wonder what in the world is wrong with my body. I've never been this late so perhaps a combo of all the stress and medication has taken its toll. LUCKILY about 2 hours after this incident the long awaited period revealed itself. Phew. Who ever thought menses could bring such relief?
I'm beginning to believe a woman's hormones really do affect her moods, cravings, energy, and probably many many other things. I have always been a skeptic but have loved blaming a week out of the month on "that time of the month" but seriously- after this month I am a believer that hormones are powerful!
I spent 2 hours practicing and then it was time to teach. Just as I was getting ready to put some dinner in the crockpot, the crockpot lid flew out of the cupboard and shattered all over the floor. Perfect timing. I scrambled to put dinner in our bigger crockpot and clean up the mess and get out the door on time. I think it's officially time to go grocery shopping. I tried to make a chicken and rice vegetable thing and it was so gross...some things should be thrown away instead of turned into leftovers. It's a good thing our den is acting as the storage unit for the future American Fork Coney's because guess where I got my lunch for today? THE DEN!!! I grabbed a bag of potato chips from a huge supply and jumped in the car and sped off to my lessons. 7:30 eventually rolled around and that means lessons were OVER!! I tried to feed Dan the lame chicken thing and he barely touched it and said "hey maybe we should use that free Arby's sandwich coupon"....boy he sure twisted my arm- soon we were out the door to go to the grocery store. I didn't say to go grocery shopping, but we did get some stuff for our party tomorrow night. We did go to Arby's and sadly parked in "our" spot to eat our sandwiches. I have eaten out more in the past 2 weeks than I have in 4 months. Seriously. This has GOT TO STOP!!! Arby's? Dan and I never eat out but for some reason we have been hooked on going out. We decided come November we are back to our cash only, cooking only, money saving plan that we've been on since day 1 of our marriage. It's a much better way to live. We got a little goofed up when we moved to AF because our cash flow was different for a few weeks and so we've been a little behind with filling our budgeting envelopes with the full amount of cash. These are all lame excuses for not living on a budget for a month and not making a menu but it's kind of nice to see what happens to our pace of life when we don't get organized at the first of the month. (meaning DUH!!! Get organized or SUFFER!!) I usually make a menu each month and then adjust it each week based on what we feel like eating that week. I'm excited to do this for November. Being unorganized really takes its toll on me and that says a lot because I am NOT a naturally organized person. Well here's to a better month and a better week and a better everything!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment