Well good morning and let's just pretend it's still October 20th. I have to teach piano in 33 minutes so this is short and sweet. I had the most amazing bike ride yesterday. I saw all the leaves turning color and decided I really wanted to take my road bike out because it had been awhile. I mapped out a little 12 mile route (I haven't been riding my bike regularly so I wanted to start out kind of small and 12 miles is small in road bike world) It was amazing!!! The mountains were so perfect and the leaves were gorgeous and the best part is there was a bike lane for me to ride in the whole ride. I added the link to mapmyrun.com with my other websites which is the coolest tool on the internet. It's connected to google maps and you can map your run perfectly. No getting in the car to estimate. I thought my little ride would take me about an hour but it only took me 35 minutes! I credit the man with large muscular legs with my speed. He passed me on the way home and I thought, hey, I wonder if I can keep up with him. I did for about 5 minutes but eventually he left me in the dust and I lost sight of him. Dan claims I did the same thing when we were riding up Provo Canyon together...I got passed by some biker and all of a sudden I sped up and he didn't see me for like 10 minutes. I guess I have a little competitive edge in me? I came home and did a Daily Burn workout with squats and other leg exercises in my den while watching one of my favorite shows- Teen Mom- Yes, I'm hooked.
Yesterday was my b-day and although I feel like I've been celebrating for the last 4 days the big day still came with a little official celebration. Wednesdays are a busy day for me. I teach piano lessons in Mapleton from 2:00-7:45 plus I teach from 8-9am before I start my busy day. It didn't really feel like a birthday so I'm glad we celebrated it yesterday. Dan and I did redeem my Cold Stone birthday club coupon though. If you visit their website they give you a coupon for $3 off a cake AND a coupon for FREE ice cream and you can sign your kids up so even though Cold Stone is not on Oprah's super foods list I think you can squeeze it in on your big day! By the end of the night we were so pooped we barely had the energy to crawl into bed to watch some Dancing With the Stars on the laptop. I have no idea what time we fell asleep but we did before I washed my face or updated this journal. Sorry. Oh man I gotta go teach...Here's a quick track of food and exercise:
Calories: 1751
Exercise: Biking and Strength training for 1 hour, approximately 800 calories burned
No comments:
Post a Comment